GSGLA's expectation is that the person completing this agreement is the person who will be acting
as the Troop Cookie Chair and will attend their Service Unit's Cookie Program Training.
All Troop Cookie Program Chairs must submit this Position Description and Agreement before being
given access to eBudde or Receiving cookie program materials.
Troop number should be 5 digits, no "#" or "-" symbols in the number please. Ex: 00123, 01416, 15224.
- Accountable to: Troop Leader, Service Unit Cookie Program Chair (SUCPC) and Product Program Manager (PPM)
- Time Commitment: January to March is the most concentrated time commitment. Final responsibility is ensuring collection and payment of Council proceeds and distribution of girl rewards.
- Function: To manage troop participation in the Cookie Program. Work with the Troop Leader & SUCPC by promoting, coordinating and conducting troop Cookie Program activities. Encourage participation of all currently registered girls to incorporate the Cookie Program as a meaningful part of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Duties & Responsobilities:
- Attend Cookie Program training offered by the service unit and attend eBudde training provided by GSGLA.
- Provide Cookie Program training for girls and their families, including GSUSA safety guidelines, GSGLA procedures, program activities, goal setting, customer service, courtesy and respect for customers and each other, and reinforce that there are consequences to girls and troops if rules are not adhered to.
- Verify that all girls participating are registered and have submitted a signed Parent/Guardian Permission and Responsibility Agreement for each girl prior to distributing cookies or the girl order card.
- Maintain close communication with all girls, parents, Troop Leader and SUCPC throughout the program.
- Distribute Cookie Program materials to girls and parents.
- Work with girls, families and leaders to determine the troop’s appropriate Starting Inventory Order (SIO).
- Check all troop sales for accuracy – be sure all allocations are completed on time, or rewards may be impacted.
- Coordinate pick up of troop cookie orders from appointed delivery station and cupboards.
- Distribute SIO cookies to girls and retain receipts for all transactions.
- Schedule booth days/times with parents and choose appropriate booths in eBudde for the troop.
- Encourage participation in the Gift of Caring program.
- Monitor girl inventory and manage overall troop inventory. Ask SUCPC for help before the end of the sale.
- Follow banking procedures as outlined in the Troop Cookie Program Guide and forward collections issues to SUCPC and/or GSGLA by specified dates.
- Promptly distribute girl rewards to the troop when they are available.
- Adhere to all GSGLA deadlines as outlined in the Troop Cookie Program Guide
- Qualifications: TCCs must be currently registered adult members of GSUSA and have a current background check. They must have a strong attention to detail, be well organized and maintain accurate records for the troop. Access to the internet and email is required. Flexibility, patience, fairness, honesty, and the ability to meet deadlines will be crucial in this position. The ability to work with many personalities, and the desire to motivate and support girls and parents is a must.
- I understand that I am responsible for managing my troop’s Cookie Program including all sales proceeds and ensuring that the funds are deposited into our troop account by the deadlines outlined in the Troop Cookie Program Guide. I agree to carry out the duties and responsibilities as outlined above. I further understand that sales proceeds are troop and council property and should not be retained by individual girls, their families, or myself as personal property. I also understand that any misuse or failure to appropriately deposit these funds on my part may result in legal action taken against me by Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles.
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY