Policy and Procedure
Gift Amount Limits
- Younger girl Troop/Group (Daisy, Brownie, Junior) may receive a gift from any one source during one Girl Scout year of up to $250. For gifts in excess of $250, the balance remains with GSGLA.
- Older girl Troop/Group (Cadette, Senior, Ambassador), Rainbow Troops with older girls, and Service Units may receive a gift from any one source during one Girl Scout year of up to $1,000. For gifts in excess of $1,000, the balance remains with GSGLA.
- Company-issued matching gift checks, regardless of amount, must be payable to GSGLA and mailed to:
1150 S Olive Street Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Direct Gifts to Troop/Group/SU
Tax Letter vs. Donor Thank You
- Gifts made directly to Troop/Group/SU are not tax deductible
- Troop/Group/SU may receive gifts directly if they are equal or less than the maximum limit and not part of a company’s matching gift program.
- If the direct gift is larger than the maximum limit or if the donor wants a tax receipt, the gift must be made out to GSGLA and sent directly to council headquarters.
Submitting this eForm
- Official tax letters are generated by GSGLA Fund Development Department only. If a donor wants their gift to be tax deductible, their gift must be made out to GSGLA and sent directly to council headquarters.
- Troop/Group/SU may thank their supporters with phone calls, cards, etc., but no gift acknowledgement may be sent on GSGLA letterhead. It may be confused for a tax letter.
Any questions or concerns contact Fund Development at (213) 213-0123 or email [email protected]
- Troop Leader or SUM complete the process by submitting this eform. Once this form and donation are received, GSGLA will cut the Troop/Group/Service Unit a check and mail it to the Leader or SUM according to the information filled out below. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
Choose all that apply.
If you don't know the troop # or if there is no troop #, type "None".
To receive your donation via ACH electronic transfer, please provide your
official troop bank account information.
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
Please review all information for accuracy. Once this form and donation are received, GSGLA will cut the Troop/Group/Service Unit a check and mail it to the Leader or SUM according to the information filled
out above. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.